- Must be at least 25 years of age
- May be working or stay-at-home parents
- May be married or single – married couples must have been together at least two years
- Can rent or own their home
- Must be financially stable
- Must be able to provide a healthy, loving and nurturing home for a child.
Private Adoption Program
For more information about LSC’s new private adoption program, check out the website below. Here, birth parents and prospective adoptive parents can find the information they need.More information
Scroll down for other adoption options.
Adopt-From-Foster-Care Program (i.e. SNAP)
Thousands of children share a simple dream to have a family of their own. Lutheran Services Carolinas enables many children to live that dream. LSC’s adopt-from-foster-care program (sometimes called SNAP) helps identify loving adoptive families for children in the foster care system.
Prospective Adoption Candidates:
LSC's role in the process:
- Providing information about the realities and benefits of adoption.
- Providing parent preparation training for prospective adoptive families
- Completing pre-placement assessments (home studies) to prepare families to welcome an adoptive child or children into their homes.
- Identifying the best possible fit between families and children to decrease the chance of future separation.
- Acting as liaison between the family and placing agency.
- Offering post-placement supervision to support and guide families.
- Providing adoption finalization services to assist adoptive families in achieving permanency with their adoptive child or children.
- Providing post-adoption support and referral to additional services in the community.