Kinard Manor Recovery is an abstinence-based social model addiction recovery program for women. A comfortable home in Greenwood, South Carolina, provides a wonderful sober living environment for 10 women to learn and grow alongside peers who are experiencing similar challenges.
While at Kinard Manor, women pursue their own recovery from addiction with plenty of support in a structured living environment that focuses on the development of life skills.
Before residency, a non-refundable administrative fee of $500 is required. Residents pay a fee of $700 per four-week cycle. Fees cover housing, utilities, all scheduled program, and program administration.
Residents supply their own food and personal items.
Residents are expected to follow house rules, attend house meetings, secure a sponsor, find employment, and work a recovery program.
A live-in house manager supports residents and their physical, social, and emotional needs. Services include mentoring, goal and financial planning, employee assistance, transportation, and networking.
The potential resident must:
- Be admitted voluntarily
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Be at least 28 days from the last use of alcohol and/or drugs
- Be medically stable. Any individual with ongoing medical problems, including dual diagnosis, may be accepted if she is addressing these problems, including medication management, with outside professional help.
- Have adequate control over her behavior and be assessed not to be imminently dangerous to self or others
- Express a desire to recover from addiction to drugs or alcohol
- Be assessed as medically appropriate and free of any illness that requires isolation from others
- Have the capacity for active participation in all phases of the program.